Only two foreigners are currently left in quarantine in North Korea, the country’s state media said Friday, following the recent release of one previously under isolation this week.
Reporting on the news, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) and party daily the Rodong Sinmun said 2280 people remained under “medical observation,” obligatory in the DPRK for those who have visited foreign countries, their contacts, and people with symptoms of COVID-19.
“With one more foreigner released from isolation, there are now two foreigners who are isolated,” the KCNA article, carried by the Rodong, said.
Only two foreigners are currently left in quarantine in North Korea, the country's state media said Friday, following the recent release of one previously under isolation this week.
Jeongmin Kim is a Lead Correspondent at NK News, based in Seoul. Kim covers inter-Korean and DPRK-related foreign, defense and humanitarian affairs, and has covered the 2022 ROK Presidential election on the ground. Prior to joining NK News, she worked for the CSIS Korea Chair in Washington D.C. and Reuters news agency's Seoul bureau. Follow her on Twitter @jeongminnkim