Social media consultant (part-time, Seoul-based / Remote)
NK News is seeking a social media consultant for a part-time, Seoul-based role starting as soon as possible. Working from locations other than Seoul may be possible for exceptional candidates.
Reporting to the Managing Editor and usually working remotely, the social media consultant will maintain and create content for NK News official social media accounts, create engaging text, select attractive visuals, converse with brand advocates, work to scale our community, connect with new people, and analyze efforts driving traffic.
Estimated engagement: 2-3 hours daily, seven days a week.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ideally 2+ years experience in media or social media
- High attention to detail and excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Excellent spoken and written English. Korean fluency is major plus
- Good knowledge of North Korea issues and broader regional affairs
- In-depth knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other photo editing software
- Experience with social media management tools like Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, or Buffer is a plus
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team while maintaining a high level of efficiency and professionalism
How to apply? Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for this position to [email protected] Include references to any social media accounts you have professionally managed or contributed content to.