Editorial Intern: North and South Korea Focus
Seoul, South Korea
We are looking for an ambitious, reliable and detail-oriented editorial intern who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is excited to work with a newsroom entirely focused on the Korean Peninsula.
The editorial intern will assist our editors and reporters in preparing stories for the content management system (CMS), identify suitable photos for stories and ensure stories are properly categorized and tagged for publication on NK News, NK PRO and KOREA PRO.
The editorial intern will also assist reporters and editors in curating coverage on South Korea for our newly launched KOREA PRO newsletter, preparing newsletters in our CMS, as well as drafting social media posts.
Last but not least, the editorial intern may be asked to assist reporters with research tasks for news and investigations, translations and any other needs that arise during the reporting process.
- Proven interest in the political, economic, military and foreign policy situation in both North and South Korea
- Fluent speaking and writing in English, Korean skills a major plus
- Availability full-time for a minimum of three months, starting September 12
- Prior internships or work experience in the media industry are a plus
- Confidence and professional demeanor on the phone and in person
- Ability to stay focused under pressure
Interested? Please send your CV and a cover letter in English to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This internship is compensated at 9,160 KRW/hr.