NK News is looking for a Managing Editor with solid experience creating great content in a complex reporting environment, and proven ability to guide a team of fellow journalists with varying areas of expertise. As full-time Managing Editor based in Seoul, you will work closely with management at Korea Risk Group to implement the vision of what content on nknews.org should look like in the coming years, and lead a diverse group of analysts who regularly contribute to our service.
- Impeccable news and feature writing skills with solid experience across different text formats
- Outstanding sense for what is news and what is not
- Strong editing skills and ability to thoroughly clean up and if necessary revamp copy written by academics and contributors with no journalism experience but great expertise
- Ability to contribute to and execute on an editorial vision for NK News and NK Pro developed in cooperation with senior management at Korea Risk Group
- Experience managing a multicultural team of journalists, analysts, and freelance contributors with a wide range of backgrounds and areas of expertise
- Passion and commitment to cover news whenever it breaks and retain high standards under tight deadlines
- In-depth knowledge of the Korean conflict and experience covering North Korea
- Native English speaker
- At least 2 years of professional experience as an editor and/or staff reporter
- Korean language skills are a plus
- Based in Seoul or willingness to relocate
- Flexibility to frequently work outside of regular office hours
Interested? Please send a cover letter of no more than 400 words, CV, and salary expectation to [email protected], along with three samples that showcase your journalistic writing skills. A competitive salary will be offered suited to the candidate’s experience level.