Korea Risk Group (NK Consulting Inc) – the holding company which produces the NK Pro and NK News specialist North Korea information websites – is currently seeking multiple new hires to join the company in the following roles:
Director of Operations (Seoul based, full-time)
Washington DC Correspondent (Remote, U.S.-based full-time)
Account/Sales Manager (Remote, full-time)
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Seoul based, full-time)
Korea Risk Group (NK Consulting Inc) – the holding company which produces the NK Pro and NK News specialist North Korea information websites – is seeking a Director of Operations to join the company in Seoul, the Republic of Korea.
Working under the CEO and alongside both the Managing Editor and Communications Manager, the Director of Operations will create and implement strategies, deliver results on a day-to-day and quarter-to-quarter basis, and ensure that the business is always performing at its peak.
With a proven track record in management, demonstrable interest in North Korea issues and fine attention to detail, the Director of Operations will take initiative to drive the company forward in creative and high-impact ways. And while the Director must be capable of setting an ambitious strategic vision for the business, they must always be willing to get involved in day-to-day implementation (often at granular levels).
The post requires a diverse set of skills, straddling management, financial planning, and product implementation/development. While no two days will ever be the same, expected broad areas of responsibility include:
– Manage Seoul event series (with CEO and company Executive Assistant)
– Monitor micro and macro-level product usage
– Build systems to make data-driven product development decisions
– Improve and ensure client engagement with product
– Staff management: regularize evaluation, appraisal, and feedback
– Codify processes for all aspects of company operations, manage implementation and ensure quality control
– Ensure quality control of NK Pro research tools (regular verification of Tool Manager’s work)
– Ensuring legal compliance (with company legal counsel)
– Ensuring security processes are implemented
– Accurate financial forecasting
– Accurate expenditure recording (in both U.S. and ROK, working with book-keepers and CPA)
– On-time tax submissions (in both U.S. and ROK, working with book-keepers and CPA)
– Payments and salary
– Local financial management (KR accounts)
– Bachelor’s Degree and at least two year(s) management experience
– Experience managing events and conferences
– Familiarity and experience working with Google Suite, Google Analytics a major plus
– Excellent spoken and written English, with Korean proficiency a major plus
– Good knowledge of North Korea issues and broader regional affairs
– Knowledge of NK News and NK Pro platforms, familiarity with our journalists’ work
– High attention to detail and excellent writing skills
This will be a Seoul-based office position, meaning the individual should be able to commute regularly to the company office in the city center.
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the job to [email protected] by Sunday, March 10.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered suited to candidates experience level.
Desired start date: April 1
WASHINGTON DC CORRESPONDENT (Remote position, full-time)
NK News is seeking a hard-working, tenacious, and creative reporter to cover U.S. policy on North Korea from Washington DC.
Working with the managing editor in Seoul remotely, the desired candidate will be expected to regularly write news and features, cover breaking news, attend North Korea events and conferences in both Washington and NYC, develop sources, and work on in-depth investigations.
We are seeking a journalist with a proven track record in breaking stories, who can work independently and creatively to enhance our coverage of U.S. policy towards North Korea at a critical time.
– At least two years’ experience in journalism
– Proven track record covering breaking news, developing sources, and writing long-form investigations
– Solid news-judgement, ability to work independently under pressure
– Creativity and an ability to bring fresh angles to a well-covered beat is a must
– Proven interest in North Korea and U.S. policy in East Asia
– Good knowledge of social media
– Korean language ability a major plus
Knowledge of NK News and NK Pro platforms, familiarity with our work
Willingness to work some irregular hours on stories and developing source networks
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the job, as well as three writing samples, to [email protected] by Sunday, March 15.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered suited to candidate’s experience level.
Desired start date: Mid-April
ACCOUNT/SALES MANAGER (Remote position, full-time)
Korea Risk Group (NK Consulting Inc) – the holding company which produces the NK Pro and NK News specialist North Korea information websites – is seeking an Account/Sales Manager to join the company remotely in either the European or North American time zones. Asia / Australasia is also possible, but may require occassional late-nights.
Working under the CEO and the Director of Operations, the Account/Sales Manager will focus primarily on (1) managing existing KRG client relationships and ensuring optimal renewal rates; (2) being responsible for selling additional institutional accounts according to quarterly targets set by the CEO.
With strong communications skills and a proven sales record, the Account/Sales Manager will take ownership of continuing to grow the company’s expanding subscription base, while ensuring the close maintenance of, and deliverables to, existing clients.
The post requires a high degree of independence, drive and self-motivation in order to proactively reach renewal and sales targets to maintain the growth of a business entering its six year of growth. The primary tasks responsibilities fall under the following categories:
INSTITUTIONAL CLIENT MANAGEMENT
– Act as the primary Point of Contact (POC) for all KRG institutional subscribers
– Work with IT/technical staff to resolve any access issues for clients
– Manage on-time institutional client subscription renewals
– Manage on-time institutional client onboarding and administration
– Conduct product training sessions for new clients
– Monitor and report usage activity of all accounts
– Achieve quarterly sales targets through the conversion of inbound and outbound leads
– Expand current institutional subscriber base in line with previous growth rates
– Conduct regular displays and demos of product with potential clients
– Negotiate and complete the signing of licenses, Terms and Conditions and other administrative requirements with clients
– Lead generation
INDIVIDUAL CLIENT MANAGEMENT
– Act as the company liaison/ POC to individual subscribers
– Work with IT/technical staff to resolve any access issues for individual subscribers
– Manage individual accounts in according with website Terms and Conditions
– Bachelor’s Degree and at least two year(s) sales experience
– A proven track record of institutional/B2B sales
– Proficiency with online Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) systems
– Good knowledge of North Korea issues and broader regional affairs (Highly preferred)
– Knowledge of NK News and NK Pro platforms, familiarity with our journalists’ work, our data offerings
– Understanding of differing requirements of users within fields of government, academia, think-tank, media, business sectors
– Excellent presentation and communication skills
How to apply: Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the job to [email protected] and [email protected] by Sunday, March 10.
Salary: A competitive salary and excellent commission package will be offered suited to candidates experience level.
Desired start date: April 1