Seoul Correspondent (Republic of Korea)
NK News is seeking a hard-working, tenacious, and creative reporter to work as a correspondent in Seoul, Republic of Korea. Working with the Managing and Deputy Editor – and in coordination with other Seoul-based reporters – the desired candidate will be expected to regularly write news and features, cover breaking news, attend North Korea events and conferences, develop a network of sources, and work on in-depth investigations, with a particular focus on inter-Korean relations. We are seeking a journalist with a proven track record in breaking national political news in Korea, who can work independently and creatively to enhance our coverage of DPRK-related issues.
- Demonstrable interest in North Korea affairs and inter-Korean issues
- Ability to work independently for extended periods, with strong socializing skills and networking abilities
- Two years of experience in journalism
- Good knowledge of social media
- Knowledge of NK News and NK PRO platforms, familiarity with our work
- Willingness to work some irregular hours on stories and developing source networks
- Native or native-level Korean language skills
- Existing network of contacts within the South Korean government and domestic political landscape
Interested? Send three journalistic writing samples, a resume, and a cover letter explaining why you’re suited for the job to [email protected] by Oct 24, 2021.
Salary: A salary of between 2.5-4.5M KRW will be offered, based on experience, covering the four national insurances and 25 days paid leave each year (inclusive of Korean national holidays).