September 26, 2020

North Korea not responding to phone calls via inter-Korean hotlines, South says

Pyongyang earlier in the day threatened to cut off communications with "enemy" in Seoul

Updated at 17:55 KST to include further comment from the Ministry of National Defense (MND)

North Korea did not respond to multiple phone calls from the South on Tuesday, Seoul's Ministry of Unification (MOU) said, following threats from Pyongyang earlier in the day to cut off all inter-Korean communication lines.