March 02, 2024
News

Owner of captured fishing boat speaks out on Chinese internet

Translation of fisherman's online posts from last two days shows interesting developments in hostage case

SEOUL – The owner of a captured Chinese fishing boat says North Korea "should apologize" for seizing his vessel and its 16-man crew from within Chinese territorial waters.

The crew and ship were released at 0350CST this morning. The boat's onboard fuel had been taken by the North Koreans, and the crew were beaten, the boat's owner said.

Become a member for less then $4 per week.

  • Unlimited access to all of NK News: reporting, investigations, analysis
  • The NK News Daily Update, an email newsletter to keep you in the loop
  • Searchable archive of all content, photo galleries, special columns
  • Contact NK News reporters with tips or requests for reporting
Get unlimited access to all NK News content, including original reporting, investigations, and analyses by our team of DPRK experts.
Subscribe now

All major cards accepted. No commitments – you can cancel any time.