July 11, 2020

Joint U.S.-North Korea remains recovery will not go ahead this year, DoD says
DPAA reports Pyongyang ceased communications on the issue following failed Hanoi summit

The U.S. and North Korea will not be able to go ahead with joint recovery efforts for remains of those killed during the Korean War this year, according to the Department of Defense's (DoD) POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA).

While the two countries were set to begin efforts this spring following an agreement made during last year’s U.S.-DPRK summit in Singapore, a representative from the DPAA told NK News that Pyongyang has ceased all communication on the issue.