While Twitter and Weibo (the Chinese version) have been responsible for a number of rumors in recent weeks that received significant traction in mainstream media, there are a large number of users out there providing valuable analysis, breaking news, and unique perspectives. So even if you are a well seasoned microblogger or completely new to the phenomena of Twitter and Weibo then make sure you check out our two lists today – so you can follow some of our suggested users and keep up to date with the latest on North Korea – as it happens.
Remember to follow @nknewsorg – the fastest growing North Korea Twitter account online.
Top 25 Twitter Users on North Korea
- @newsjean – An inside (Korean) perspective on NK with the writer based between Seoul and Pyongyang. While AP (her agency) only have limited access in country, her Tweets can be extremely insightful.
- @LiberateLaura – Great source and interesting perspective on NK-related issues.
- @koreaeconinst – An organisation dedicated to informing the public about affairs both side of the Korean peninsula. They host regular events which include live-tweeting that often breaks new analysis.
- @northkoreatech – Intriguing information about everything IT-related in NK
- @nkwitness – Submissions by different writers pertaining to the dynamics of security on the Korean peninsula, along with political changes associated with the succession of Kim Jong-un.
- @BarbaraDemick – A strong focus on Chinese and North Korean affairs. Author of “Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea” based in Beijing.
- @koryotours – North Korea travel specialists. An interesting look at what is going on in NK from a commercial perspective.
- @uriminzok_en – Official news and event updates from Pyongyang (pro-DPRK) in English.
- @northkorea_now – Humanitarian perspective, raising awareness for human rights in NK. Related news and global event listings.
- @chosonexchange – An organization focusing on bringing international business practice into North Korea- staff regularly write interesting blog posts and highlight useful information.
- @LiberateNK – Focus on the people of North Korea, those suffering within and those who have escaped.
- @PSCORE911 – News updates and information pertaining to everything NK-related (A non-profit and non-religious NGO).
- @freenorthkorea – News, views and information on NK-related issues.
- @YPioneerTours – Another tour operator that regularly goes to North Korea – interesting Tweets regarding new destinations and day-to-day life in the DPRK.
- @VOA_Seoul – Voice of America news updates concerning the Korean Peninsula.
- @dailynken – Keep up with the latest material published by Daily NK.
- @NHamisevicz – Director of Research and Academic Affairs at Korea Economic Institute – regularly Tweets on news and affairs related to North Korea
- @NKIDP – A great source for documents and publications pertaining to NK.
- @OpeningUp DPRK – Interesting perspective on NK-related issues, open discussion between different NK tweeters (including ones on this list).
- @bostonsunny – News updates from South Korean journalist (Korea Times) focused on Chinese and North Korean affairs.
- @ska_kongshan – Focus on Chinese policies, (includes other conflict countries, but interesting tweets concerning North Korea)
- @mariechosun – PHD student focusing on SK based NGOs working on NK issues. Tweets on many countries, but often on DPRK.
- @yonhapnews – South Korean news wire that regularly breaks news on NK.
- @FREE_NKOREA – Updates and stories taken from various sources on NK.
- @yonhapnews – News from the Yonhap agency in ROK. A common source for breaking stories.
15 Weibo Users on North Korea
- 章文的文章 (Zhang Wen)
- Helen-包政 (Helen Bao Zheng)
- 许天夜 (Xu Tian Ye)
- 朝鲜日报中文网 (Chosun Ilbo Chinese Network)
- 朝鲜中央电视台 (Korean Central TV)
- 会世龙朝鲜 (Huì shì lóng cháoxiǎn)
- 人民网国际频道 (People’s network international)
- 看国家首脑 (Look at state leaders)
- 朝鲜大校朴得猛 (Chao Xian Da Xiao Pu de Meng)
- 这才是朝鲜 (This is Korea)
- 朝鲜淫民军 (Chao Xian Yin Min Jun)
- 朝鲜夜总会 (Korean Club)
- 红红红红 (Red Red)
- 新浪军事 (Sina Military)
- 倪乐雄 (Ni Le Xiong)
Don’t forget to follow @nknewsorg on Twitter – the fastest growing North Korea Twitter account out there!
Join the influential community of members who rely on NK News original news and in-depth reporting.
Subscribe to read the remaining 603 words of this article.