About the Author
View more articles by Dagyum Ji
Dagyum Ji was a senior NK News correspondent based in Seoul. She previously worked for Reuters TV.
Beijing still considers the "freeze-for-freeze" plan to be the most sensible "first step" towards resolving the issue of North Korea's nuclear and missile development, the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) said on Thursday.
“We believe that the 'dual suspension' proposal is the most feasible, fair and sensible plan in the present situation,” Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson Geng Shuang said during a news briefing, in comments carried by Reuters.