Specialist news on DPRK issues exclusive to the NK Pro website.
Kim publicly announced major construction projects in North Korea should continue as millions battle omicron infection
State media says Pyongyang 'overcoming' outbreak through strong lockdown policy and criticizes ‘weak’ responses abroad
Authorities report almost 220,000 new suspected virus cases and one new death as Kim convenes another politburo meeting
South Korean outlets say two defectors escaped Chinese authorities, while two of three caught tested positive for virus
Trade data also shows soap and other surface cleaner imports hit record highs amid short-lived trade reopening
- 01What North Korea is telling citizens about how to survive its COVID-19 outbreak
- 02Russia can no longer have its cake and eat it too on the Korean Peninsula
- 03Why is North Korea keeping silent on its latest missile tests?
- 04One country, one system: How North Korea-Hong Kong ties pivot around China
- 05Majority of South Koreans prefer status quo with North Korea, survey shows
- 06Kim Jong Un appears to welcome new top assistant into inner circle
- 07Coasting by sanctions? A first look inside Kim Jong Un’s luxury Toyota tour bus
- 08Top North Korean official riding around in possibly sanctioned Mitsubishi SUV