Timeline: From North Korea’s missile launch over Japan to US-ROK military drills
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from October 1 - October 31
North Korea carried out numerous missile tests in October, including a new intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM), the first DPRK missile to fly over Japan since 2017.
The DPRK also conducted multiple military drills. These involved bombing practices, airstrike drills and a number of artillery firings into the maritime peace zone agreed upon by the two Koreas in a landmark military agreement in Sept. 2018.
The U.S. and ROK responded with their own joint military exercises. Shortly after North Korea’s IRBM launch, the USS Ronald Reagan even returned to waters off the Korean Peninsula for additional
- 01Pyongyang streets empty but civilians still training for military parade: Images
- 02Why North Korean state media remains silent about the Pyongyang lockdown
- 03State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship
- 04North Korea pushes ahead with military parade training despite virus lockdown
- 05North Korea’s parliament introduces first new speaker in nearly 2 years
- 06Inside the shadowy team of elite North Korean photographers covering Kim Jong Un
- 07North Korean soldiers spotted with sanctioned firm’s tech for first time
- 08How North Korean hackers could weaponize artificial intelligence like ChatGPT