Timeline: From North Korea’s missile launch over Japan to US-ROK military drills
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from October 1 - October 31
North Korea carried out numerous missile tests in October, including a new intermediate-range ballistic missile (IRBM), the first DPRK missile to fly over Japan since 2017.
The DPRK also conducted multiple military drills. These involved bombing practices, airstrike drills and a number of artillery firings into the maritime peace zone agreed upon by the two Koreas in a landmark military agreement in Sept. 2018.
The U.S. and ROK responded with their own joint military exercises. Shortly after North Korea’s IRBM launch, the USS Ronald Reagan even returned to waters off the Korean Peninsula for additional
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 05Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 06State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 07Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 08North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau