State media review: North Korea hails China’s ‘successful’ party congress
An in-depth analysis of China-DPRK ties, a joint meeting for two key Pyongyang schools and changes for Tree Planting Day
North Korean state media this week celebrated Xi Jinping’s re-election as leader of China’s ruling party and promoted the vision of a brighter future for China and bilateral relations.
But even as Kim Jong Un congratulated Xi immediately after he secured a third term as leader, state media reports indicate he did not send a customary tribute to honor Chinese soldiers who died in the Korean War.
Meanwhile, state-run television aired a special feature on a joint meeting celebrating the 75th anniversary of two of Pyongyang’s leading schools, Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and
- 01How North Korean support for Russia and Hamas compels Seoul to pivot West
- 02State media review: North Korea to hold major political meeting to wrap up year
- 03From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 04Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 05Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 06Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 07North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 08State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal