State media review: North Korea hails China’s ‘successful’ party congress
An in-depth analysis of China-DPRK ties, a joint meeting for two key Pyongyang schools and changes for Tree Planting Day
North Korean state media this week celebrated Xi Jinping’s re-election as leader of China’s ruling party and promoted the vision of a brighter future for China and bilateral relations.
But even as Kim Jong Un congratulated Xi immediately after he secured a third term as leader, state media reports indicate he did not send a customary tribute to honor Chinese soldiers who died in the Korean War.
Meanwhile, state-run television aired a special feature on a joint meeting celebrating the 75th anniversary of two of Pyongyang’s leading schools, Mangyongdae Revolutionary School and
- 01North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 02State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 03What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test
- 04How non-defecting border crossers can bring change to North Korea
- 05Scorched Earth: How climate change could send North Korea up in flames
- 06North Korea’s first successful test of massive missile puts US homeland in range
- 07Why Japan’s ability to detect North Korean missiles may be better than it seems
- 08State media review: North Korea chides Japan for raising alarm over missiles