Satellite imagery shows continued progress at Nampho oil terminal
Upgrades on the facility have so far not slowed in the winter months
Recent satellite imagery provided to NK Pro by Planet Labs of North Korea’s Nampho oil terminal shows rapid progress on an apparent land reclamation project on the eastern side of the facility.
The Nampho terminal is North Korea’s primary oil loading and offloading facility, and a likely destination for much of the oil that North Korea imports from overseas.
A previous NK Pro report published in November last year indicated that work on a third pier at the facility seemed complete, though other parts of the upgrades to the area appeared ongoing.[/p
- 01Timeline: from Kim Jong Un’s reappearance to an exchange of gunfire at the DMZ
- 02North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 03Schrödinger’s sanctions: South Korea plays down the May 24th Measures
- 04Is North Korea privatizing its housing supply? In Rason, partially, yes
- 05At North Korean military meeting, nuclear and personnel issues take precedence
- 06North Korea’s military meets: a renewed focus on nuclear command and control
- 07Fail to prepare, prepare to fail: getting ready for instability in North Korea
- 08What the latest U.S. sanctions advisory means for North Korean operations at sea