Revealed: Evidence of Kim Jong Un university location, ties to tech industry
New construction also underway at Kim Jong Un National Defense University
Following a report in March showing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had attached his name to the National Defense University near Pyongyang, NK Pro can reveal further evidence confirming the change, the school’s location, and its ties to the tech industry.
It is the first known instance of a university or educational institution in the country named after Kim Jong Un, and comes as the nation’s propagandists continue to raise the current leader’s cult of personality to a level similar to those of his father and grandfather.
It is also the
- 01Why the DPRK’s subpar healthcare system may be its biggest threat to the region
- 02Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 03Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 04North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 05North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 06Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 07North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world