Revealed: Evidence of Kim Jong Un university location, ties to tech industry
New construction also underway at Kim Jong Un National Defense University
Following a report in March showing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had attached his name to the National Defense University near Pyongyang, NK Pro can reveal further evidence confirming the change, the school’s location, and its ties to the tech industry.
It is the first known instance of a university or educational institution in the country named after Kim Jong Un, and comes as the nation’s propagandists continue to raise the current leader’s cult of personality to a level similar to those of his father and grandfather.
It is also the
- 01From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea
- 02Timeline: from rising inter-Korean tensions to a “suspension” of military plans
- 03North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Some progress on long-stalled Pyongyang housing blocks under new campaign
- 05Sitting above rank: the rise of Ri Pyong Chol, Pak Jong Chon, and the military
- 06Secret partner: North Korean in Thailand behind network of money-making entities
- 07North Korean think tank statement shows focus on U.S. ‘hostile policy’ prevails
- 08Volte-face: What explains Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart?