Revealed: Evidence of Kim Jong Un university location, ties to tech industry
New construction also underway at Kim Jong Un National Defense University
Following a report in March showing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had attached his name to the National Defense University near Pyongyang, NK Pro can reveal further evidence confirming the change, the school’s location, and its ties to the tech industry.
It is the first known instance of a university or educational institution in the country named after Kim Jong Un, and comes as the nation’s propagandists continue to raise the current leader’s cult of personality to a level similar to those of his father and grandfather.
It is also the
- 01North Korea risks angering China with missile launches ahead of Winter Olympics
- 02The new normal? Experts see little hope for full restart of North Korean trade
- 03North Korea’s test of rail-based missiles continues emphasis on survivability
- 04Too little, too late? Understanding Washington’s latest North Korea sanctions
- 05The week in North Korean state media: A review of Jan. 7 to Jan. 13
- 06Biden’s troubled Asia strategy and what it means for North Korea
- 07Kim Jong Un returns to guide North Korea’s steady missile advancements in 2022
- 08Harder, better, faster: North Korea ups the ante with test of improved missile