Revealed: Evidence of Kim Jong Un university location, ties to tech industry
New construction also underway at Kim Jong Un National Defense University
Following a report in March showing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had attached his name to the National Defense University near Pyongyang, NK Pro can reveal further evidence confirming the change, the school’s location, and its ties to the tech industry.
It is the first known instance of a university or educational institution in the country named after Kim Jong Un, and comes as the nation’s propagandists continue to raise the current leader’s cult of personality to a level similar to those of his father and grandfather.
It is also the
- 01North Korea’s upcoming Supreme People’s Assembly session: review and prospects
- 02ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 03North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 05Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 06North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 07North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next
- 08North Korea appears to have taken control of junk vessel, now largest in fleet