Revealed: Evidence of Kim Jong Un university location, ties to tech industry
New construction also underway at Kim Jong Un National Defense University
Following a report in March showing North Korean leader Kim Jong Un had attached his name to the National Defense University near Pyongyang, NK Pro can reveal further evidence confirming the change, the school’s location, and its ties to the tech industry.
It is the first known instance of a university or educational institution in the country named after Kim Jong Un, and comes as the nation’s propagandists continue to raise the current leader’s cult of personality to a level similar to those of his father and grandfather.
It is also the
- 01North Korea primed for quick rebound after satellite launch failure: Analysis
- 02What to make of conflicting signs about a North Korean border reopening
- 03North Korea hacked an election body. But political interference wasn’t the goal.
- 04Secrecy surrounding North Korea’s upcoming plenum points to big changes afoot
- 05State media review: North Korea provides a front-row seat to anti-Yoon protests
- 06By linking radars, ROK and Japan reduce blind spots around North Korean missiles
- 07Poker face: North Korea tries new strategy in crackdown on ‘bluffing’ and lying
- 08State media review: ‘Little Boy’ spooks North Korea ahead of warm weather season