RECAP: Everything we know about Kim Jong Un’s grand odyssey in Russian Far East
NK Pro has charted key moments from North Korean leader’s trip to meet Putin and tour space and defense facilities
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un embarked on his first diplomatic trip abroad since the start of the pandemic on Sept. 10, boarding his private armored train and setting off for Russia for a summit with his counterpart Vladimir Putin.
Over the next week, he traveled more than 4,000 km by rail and visited four different cities during a grand odyssey across the Russian Far East, holding talks with multiple top officials and touring everything from Russia’s newest spaceport and a factory producing advanced jets to Russia’s Pacific Fleet.
The visit underscored just how much
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 05Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 06State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 07Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 08North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau