North Korean spaceport likely undergoing major construction: Imagery
Activity ramps up at Sohae satellite launch complex after Kim Jong Un ordered large-scale upgrades in March
North Korea has likely started a major project to upgrade its main spaceport, NK Pro analysis of satellite imagery shows, in accordance with plans revealed by the country’s leader Kim Jong Un during a visit to the site in March.
The Sohae Satellite Launching Ground had been quiet in the months after Kim’s visit, but the start of construction suggests his planned launch of a military satellite into space won’t happen until after expanding the facility’s capacity.
Planet Labs satellite imagery shows excavation work and blue-roofed structures going up in a
- 01State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 02North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 03Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 04The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 05Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery
- 06How boost-phase missile defenses could help combat North Korean threats
- 07North Korea dismantling more South Korean tourism buildings at Mt. Kumgang
- 08State media review: North Korea claims Kim Il Sung ensured gender equality