North Korea in September 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from September 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of September 1, 2021 to September 30, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in October.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A woman in Pyongyang, North Korea | Image: Eric Lafforgue (Sept. 9, 2008) EXECUTIVE
- 01A North Korean ministry returns from dead, and what it means for farming reform
- 02Timeline: From Kim-Putin meeting to North Korea’s expulsion of Travis King
- 03State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 04North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 05How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 06North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 07Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 08State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural