North Korea in July 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from July 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula.
This Month In Review covers the period of July 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in August.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A North Korean woman dancing | Image: NK Pro (Sept
- 01North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 02How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 03With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 04State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 05North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 06Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 07The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 08Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery