North Korea in January 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from January 1, 2022 to January 31, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of January 1, 2022 to January 31, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in February.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].Samjiyon, North Korea | Image: Eric Lafforgue (May 3, 2010) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 02State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 03What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 04How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 05Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 06State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 07Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 08What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion