North Korea in February 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from February 1, 2022 to February 28, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of February 1, 2022 to February 28, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in March.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]The Masikryong Ski Resort in North Korea | Image: NK Pro (Feb
- 01Why North Korea’s ‘radioactive tsunami’ weapon may just be a bluff
- 02How sanctions contribute to North Korea’s humanitarian distress
- 03State media review: North Korea calls denuclearization a ‘declaration of war’
- 04Why North Korea and the Philippines view each other with mutual distrust
- 05North Korea’s new silo-based missile raises risk of prompt preemptive strikes
- 06Why normalizing US-North Korea relations is a prerequisite for denuclearization
- 07North Korean planes active at Pyongyang airport hours after runway missile test
- 08North Korea using US-ROK drills as cover to carry out missile tests, experts say