North Korea in April 2022: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from April 1, 2022 to April 30, 2022
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of April 1, 2022 to April 30, 2022.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in May.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A dancing party to mark Kim Il Sung’s birthday in
- 01How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 02Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 03State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 04Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 05What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 06How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 07Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea
- 08State media review: North Korea set to open long-stalled hospital this year