North Korea in December 2018: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the November 22-December 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between November 22 and December 31. The period of review was extended slightly in preparation for all ‘Month in Review’ editions to be published at the start of each month through 2019.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in January.
Please send any feedback about this
- 01Timeline: From North Korean threats against South to soccer defeat to Japan
- 02State media review: Drought forecast raises risks to North Korean food security
- 03Russian ship rejoins North Korea weapons trade, only for operation to go on hold
- 04Russia obscures North Korea arms trade by moving operation out of military port
- 05How great power competition is shaping North Korea’s grand strategy
- 06Why talks on North Korea’s nuclear program still can’t get off the ground
- 07North Korea hints beach resort twice as long as Waikiki may finally open soon
- 08State media review: North Korea slams US ‘air pirates’ for raising risk of war
- 09What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 10How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties