Kim Jong Un upgrades his private beachside manor and tends to leisure boats
The upgraded mansion complex is roughly 25 miles away from a key military submarine development base
Two years after North Korea built a brand new mansion compound in a secluded spot along the country’s east coast, leader Kim Jong Un appears to have upgraded another palace about 25 miles away from a military submarine development base.
These upgrades have been underway since late 2020, according to NK Pro analysis of satellite imagery, with three of Kim’s personal leisure boats also recently moving to a repair dock just down the coast in Wonsan.
The mansion upgrades and boat work could be a sign that Kim is planning another visit to the region
- 01How North Korea’s ‘use-it-or-lose-it’ power grid impacts energy trade
- 02On North Korea, China’s ‘wolf warriors’ speak more like doves
- 03Timeline: From COVID-19 vaccines to preparations to reopen North Korea’s border
- 04How has COVID-19 impacted North Korean market prices?
- 05Juche H-bomb: North Korea’s efforts to tie self-reliance to its nuclear weapons
- 06North Korea reels in cash from fishing permits this year, despite UN ban
- 07Why America is fighting a losing battle against North Korean cyber crime
- 08North Korea warily eyes the markets that now dominate food distribution