Kim Jong Un upgrades his private beachside manor and tends to leisure boats
The upgraded mansion complex is roughly 25 miles away from a key military submarine development base
Two years after North Korea built a brand new mansion compound in a secluded spot along the country’s east coast, leader Kim Jong Un appears to have upgraded another palace about 25 miles away from a military submarine development base.
These upgrades have been underway since late 2020, according to NK Pro analysis of satellite imagery, with three of Kim’s personal leisure boats also recently moving to a repair dock just down the coast in Wonsan.
The mansion upgrades and boat work could be a sign that Kim is planning another visit to the region
- 01How US-ROK response missile launches bolster deterrence against North Korea
- 02Moon’s legacy limits Yoon’s options for information warfare against North Korea
- 03Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 04State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 05Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 06North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 07Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament
- 08State media review: Pro-DPRK media says tensions may cause ‘unpredictable event’