Inside North Korea’s growing insurance industry: a look at the key players
Company websites offer some insights into an increasingly competitive market
Late last year, the section on state-run news outlet Naenara linking to separate subsites of companies, foundations, and the KFPD was expanded to also include three insurance companies.
But, aside a brief report by Yonhap and the Korea Institute of Finance, this was not picked up by the media, despite the important information that was revealed.
With the Pyongyang Ryugyong Foodstuff Co., Ltd. already in this section, the companies are nothing new on the website, and the “family sites” (none of them have gone online yet) include what is presumably the website of the Korea
- 01The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 02Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 03What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 04How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 05Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 06North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect
- 07North Korea in November 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08Context and translation: North Korean coverage of the November 28 weapons test