Inside North Korea’s growing insurance industry: a look at the key players
Company websites offer some insights into an increasingly competitive market
Late last year, the section on state-run news outlet Naenara linking to separate subsites of companies, foundations, and the KFPD was expanded to also include three insurance companies.
But, aside a brief report by Yonhap and the Korea Institute of Finance, this was not picked up by the media, despite the important information that was revealed.
With the Pyongyang Ryugyong Foodstuff Co., Ltd. already in this section, the companies are nothing new on the website, and the “family sites” (none of them have gone online yet) include what is presumably the website of the Korea
- 01How sanctions failed to stop North Korea from developing dangerous weapons tech
- 02‘Growing scope’ of North Korean nuclear weapons shown in unpublished UN report
- 03Photos: Shops, restaurants and Sinuiju port – a view from Dandong in July
- 04Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
- 05Why Lee In-young may be the most vocal and successful unification minister yet
- 06North Korean ships spotted returning to old coal smuggling routes near Vietnam
- 07North Korea in July 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 08North Korea’s first suspected COVID-19 case sparks joy and censorship in China