In full: promotions and demotions at North Korea’s 14th SPA
The DPRK's top legislative body held a major meeting on Thursday
The following is a listing of state leadership and cabinet members elected or appointed on the first day of the First Session of the 14th Supreme People’s Assembly (SPA).
It also includes a listing of state and cabinet leadership prior to this election.Created: 4/12/2019 Source: Ministry of Unification, Rodong Sinmun 1. State Affairs Commission (SAC) 13th SPA 1st Session of the 14th SPA Chairman Kim Jong Un Kim Jong Un First vice-chairman – Choe Ryong Hae Vice chairman Pak Pong Ju Pak Pong Ju Vice chairman Choe Ryong Hae – Member Ri Su Yong Ri Su Yong Member
- 01How North Korea’s use-it-or-lose-it power grid impacts energy trade
- 02On North Korea, China’s ‘wolf warriors’ speak more like doves
- 03Timeline: From COVID-19 vaccines to preparations to reopen North Korea’s border
- 04How has COVID-19 impacted North Korean market prices?
- 05Juche H-bomb: North Korea’s efforts to tie self-reliance to its nuclear weapons
- 06North Korea reels in cash from fishing permits this year, despite UN ban
- 07Why America is fighting a losing battle against North Korean cyber crime
- 08North Korea warily eyes the markets that now dominate food distribution
- 09Political disputes leave US no closer to appointing DPRK human rights envoy
- 10Kim Jong Un builds new mansions across country as North Korean public suffers