Imagery analysis: North Korea’s upcoming February 8 parade
Infantry, vehicles, and other military seen drilling at Mirim Parade Training Ground
Satellite imagery analysis supports earlier reports that there may be an upcoming military event or parade in Pyongyang on February 8.
At present, the parade appears to involve 28 formations of infantry or other military personnel, a traditional military band, and possibly additional personnel. A small number of vehicles appear to be on the drill as well, but neither has been prominent in the past month of satellite passes.
Training at Mirim
The Mirim Parade Training Ground is typically very active prior to parades, while it sits fairly empty for the rest of the year
- 01North Korea may have continued Namibian Air Force job in violation of sanctions
- 02End of North Korean unification magazine another sign of friction on peninsula
- 03Layered cyber deterrence: A new US cyber strategy against North Korea
- 04FULL TEXT: North Korea’s Workers’ Party rule book
- 05Three years on, little for US and North Korea to build on from Singapore deal
- 06Everything you need to know about North Korea’s new Party rules
- 07Why new housing in Pyongyang is a survival strategy for Kim Jong Un
- 08How a North Korean ship changed hands multiple times in just over a decade