Imagery analysis: North Korea’s upcoming February 8 parade
Infantry, vehicles, and other military seen drilling at Mirim Parade Training Ground
Satellite imagery analysis supports earlier reports that there may be an upcoming military event or parade in Pyongyang on February 8.
At present, the parade appears to involve 28 formations of infantry or other military personnel, a traditional military band, and possibly additional personnel. A small number of vehicles appear to be on the drill as well, but neither has been prominent in the past month of satellite passes.
Training at Mirim
The Mirim Parade Training Ground is typically very active prior to parades, while it sits fairly empty for the rest of the year
- 01Iranian nuclear scientist’s death will likely fuel North Korean fears of the US
- 02Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
- 03North Korea is on a crusade against drugs, crime and ‘capitalist culture’
- 04Timeline: From Pyongyang’s election silence to trade dips and Politburo meetings
- 05Why the killing of an Iranian nuclear scientist can’t inform North Korea policy
- 06Biden’s win is a bad omen for China — and that will strain the two Koreas
- 07Where Biden’s top foreign policy picks stand on North Korea
- 08Empty shelves and food shortages: Why things are looking grim in North Korea