EXCLUSIVE: Singapore firm still denies links to North Korea, despite new evidence
Evidence links Singaporean firms to bank, luxury shops and 24 floor department store in North Korea
Banned luxury goods continue to be sold inside North Korea at department stores linked to Singapore-based OCN (S) Pte, according to new evidence obtained by NK Pro, which reveal previously unknown details about the supply network which imports the goods in apparent violation of UN sanctions.
High-end European brands barred from export to North Korea by United Nations Security Council sanctions are for sale in the country, as are Japanese brands prohibited from direct export to the DPRK by unilateral Japanese sanctions.
Two former North Korean officials previously told NK Pro that both stores are
- 01The tragedy of the commons: Natural resource dilemmas in North Korea
- 02Timeline: From North Korea’s mammoth ICBM launch to Kim Jong Un’s daughter
- 03State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
- 04Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 05Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 06FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 07North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 08State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes