EXCLUSIVE: Singapore firm still denies links to North Korea, despite new evidence
Evidence links Singaporean firms to bank, luxury shops and 24 floor department store in North Korea
Banned luxury goods continue to be sold inside North Korea at department stores linked to Singapore-based OCN (S) Pte, according to new evidence obtained by NK Pro, which reveal previously unknown details about the supply network which imports the goods in apparent violation of UN sanctions.
High-end European brands barred from export to North Korea by United Nations Security Council sanctions are for sale in the country, as are Japanese brands prohibited from direct export to the DPRK by unilateral Japanese sanctions.
Two former North Korean officials previously told NK Pro that both stores are
- 01North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 02Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 03A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 04Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 05Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 06Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress
- 07So far, North Korea’s new economic plan is full of bad signs
- 08Party Congress: Kim Jong Un’s weapons wishlist suggests testing campaign ahead