Air Koryo to start twice weekly Pyongyang-Dandong flights
JS781 will depart Pyongyang on Tuesdays and Thursdays to Dandong
North Korean state airline Air Koryo will next Tuesday begin a twice-weekly shuttle service between Pyongyang Sunan International and China’s Dandong International Airport, sources confirmed to NK Pro on Wednesday, adding capacity to existing state airline routes by several hundred seats per week.
“Flights are starting on March 28 and will be priced approximately 1,500 RMB return ($217.80), 800 RMB one way (116.16USD),” said Michael Spavor, CEO of Paektu Cultural Exchange, an organization which facilitates business and cultural exchanges.
The new service, which Spavor said is a response to rising demand from business people in southeast Liaoning province
- 01Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 02Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 03North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 04North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 05Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 06North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 07How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world
- 08What to expect at a potential North Korean military parade next month