What to expect when North Korea’s Supreme People’s Assembly sits this week
The DPRK is set to convene the first session of the 14th SPA on Thursday
Originally written on April 8, 2019; updated the “All SPA Sessions Under Kim Jong Un” on April 3, 2020 to include the April and August 2019 SPA sessions.
North Korea announced on March 22 that it will hold a meeting of the parliament, known as the SPA, on April 11. It will be the First Session of the 14th SPA, whose members were voted in during the March 10 elections. The event draws particular attention not only due to the significance of SPA opening sessions, but also because it marks the first parliamentary gathering since the collapse of the Hanoi summit.
- 01State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 02North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 03Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 04The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 05Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery
- 06How boost-phase missile defenses could help combat North Korean threats
- 07North Korea dismantling more South Korean tourism buildings at Mt. Kumgang
- 08State media review: North Korea claims Kim Il Sung ensured gender equality