Solar cars increasingly seen in N.Korea’s Pyongsong science hub
Variants of Chinese electronic cars spotted in Pyongsong with solar panel roofs
Chinese-made cars with roof-mounted solar panels have been observed driving around North Korea’s Pyongsong scientific hub, photos seen by NK Pro show.
At least two cars were seen with solar panels affixed to their roofs in a photo taken in Pyongsong, located approximately 35km northwest of Pyongyang, this April – one of which included a sticker bearing the logo of Chinese automaker JAC.
“These cars were scattered on almost every corner in Pyongsong,” said Rowan Beard, a tour guide with the China-based Young Pioneer Tours travel agency who regularly visits the country. “I saw about
- 01With only a year left, Moon pitches American public on his hope for peace
- 02How renewed North Korean border trade will affect currency, food and fuel
- 03How Kim Jong Un’s crackdown on foreign culture hurts Korean reconciliation
- 04North Korea is ordering small-time secretaries to clean up its ideological mess
- 05North Korea faces uncertain future after mass exodus of UN and foreign NGO staff
- 06South Korea’s right-wing resurgence spells uncertainty for North Korea policy
- 07Why North Korea’s Olympic withdrawal is about much more than public health
- 08How Chinese netizens reacted to North Korea’s contentious ballistic missile test