Solar cars increasingly seen in N.Korea’s Pyongsong science hub
Variants of Chinese electronic cars spotted in Pyongsong with solar panel roofs
Chinese-made cars with roof-mounted solar panels have been observed driving around North Korea’s Pyongsong scientific hub, photos seen by NK Pro show.
At least two cars were seen with solar panels affixed to their roofs in a photo taken in Pyongsong, located approximately 35km northwest of Pyongyang, this April – one of which included a sticker bearing the logo of Chinese automaker JAC.
“These cars were scattered on almost every corner in Pyongsong,” said Rowan Beard, a tour guide with the China-based Young Pioneer Tours travel agency who regularly visits the country. “I saw about
- 01Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 02Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 03FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 04North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 05State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 06What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test
- 07How non-defecting border crossers can bring change to North Korea
- 08Scorched Earth: How climate change could send North Korea up in flames