Solar cars increasingly seen in N.Korea’s Pyongsong science hub
Variants of Chinese electronic cars spotted in Pyongsong with solar panel roofs
Chinese-made cars with roof-mounted solar panels have been observed driving around North Korea’s Pyongsong scientific hub, photos seen by NK Pro show.
At least two cars were seen with solar panels affixed to their roofs in a photo taken in Pyongsong, located approximately 35km northwest of Pyongyang, this April – one of which included a sticker bearing the logo of Chinese automaker JAC.
“These cars were scattered on almost every corner in Pyongsong,” said Rowan Beard, a tour guide with the China-based Young Pioneer Tours travel agency who regularly visits the country. “I saw about
- 01Expanding Japan-linked mall, online shop in Pyongyang targets “modern tastes”
- 02Why mum? Explaining North Korea’s continued silence on foreign policy
- 03North Korean official claims about child nutrition: what the data shows
- 04North Korea moves to prevent the spread of coronavirus: what we know so far
- 05Timeline: from the “head-on breakthrough battle” policy to the novel coronavirus
- 06North Korea in January 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 07How foreign media is changing the ways North Koreans view the outside world
- 08What to expect at a potential North Korean military parade next month