Solar cars increasingly seen in N.Korea’s Pyongsong science hub
Variants of Chinese electronic cars spotted in Pyongsong with solar panel roofs
Chinese-made cars with roof-mounted solar panels have been observed driving around North Korea’s Pyongsong scientific hub, photos seen by NK Pro show.
At least two cars were seen with solar panels affixed to their roofs in a photo taken in Pyongsong, located approximately 35km northwest of Pyongyang, this April – one of which included a sticker bearing the logo of Chinese automaker JAC.
“These cars were scattered on almost every corner in Pyongsong,” said Rowan Beard, a tour guide with the China-based Young Pioneer Tours travel agency who regularly visits the country. “I saw about
- 01From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea
- 02Timeline: from rising inter-Korean tensions to a “suspension” of military plans
- 03North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Some progress on long-stalled Pyongyang housing blocks under new campaign
- 05Sitting above rank: the rise of Ri Pyong Chol, Pak Jong Chon, and the military
- 06Secret partner: North Korean in Thailand behind network of money-making entities
- 07North Korean think tank statement shows focus on U.S. ‘hostile policy’ prevails
- 08Volte-face: What explains Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart?