Solar cars increasingly seen in N.Korea’s Pyongsong science hub
Variants of Chinese electronic cars spotted in Pyongsong with solar panel roofs
Chinese-made cars with roof-mounted solar panels have been observed driving around North Korea’s Pyongsong scientific hub, photos seen by NK Pro show.
At least two cars were seen with solar panels affixed to their roofs in a photo taken in Pyongsong, located approximately 35km northwest of Pyongyang, this April – one of which included a sticker bearing the logo of Chinese automaker JAC.
“These cars were scattered on almost every corner in Pyongsong,” said Rowan Beard, a tour guide with the China-based Young Pioneer Tours travel agency who regularly visits the country. “I saw about
- 01North Korea’s upcoming Supreme People’s Assembly session: review and prospects
- 02ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 03North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 04Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 05Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 06North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 07North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next
- 08North Korea appears to have taken control of junk vessel, now largest in fleet