Pro-North Korea website details how the country achieved “bumper crop” in 2019
Article in Tokyo-based Choson Sinbo seeks to bolster claims by Kim Jong Un at December party plenum
The website of the Tokyo-based Choson Sinbo on January 20 carried a “Meari” column by “Jong” and an article attributed to the Choson Sinbo Pyongyang Bureau, both reiterating North Korea’s “unprecedented bumper crop” in 2019.
The column attributes this harvest outcome to an “integrated production system” that North Korea started rolling out in cooperative farms.
The article features “Work-Team No. 1 in Bukji Cooperative Farm” in Jaeryong County, South Hwanghae Province, for emerging from an underdog to a team that “broke the best record in per-jongbo [farmland measurement unit in North Korea] grain production over the past
- 01ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 02North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 03Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 04Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 05North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 06North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next
- 07North Korea appears to have taken control of junk vessel, now largest in fleet
- 08COVID-19 in North Korea: an overview of the current situation