North Korea’s Tree-planting Day highlights nationwide nursery projects
Satellite imagery reveals scope of long-stalled provincial tree nurseries seeing renewed push since 2018
North Korea has long promoted reforestation efforts as a key national undertaking, with state media often discussing various new tree nursery facilities to boost seedling and sapling production at every administrative level.
To celebrate National Tree-planting Day on Monday this week, state media even announced that sapling production capacity had doubled since 2015 due to these efforts, and that progress is being made on new facilities across the country.
NK Pro has identified the largest of these tree nursery complexes still under construction at the beginning of this year but which appear to be nearing completion
- 01Change and consistency in North Korean markets: domestic vs global food prices
- 02North Korea’s upcoming Supreme People’s Assembly session: review and prospects
- 03ROK-U.S. cost-sharing talks: what’s at stake in the battle between the allies
- 04North Korea in March 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 05Timeline: from North Korea coronavirus fears to a new bout of missile testing
- 06Contextualizing North Korean foreign ministry comments on Pompeo
- 07North Korea tests “super-large” rocket launcher: what we learned
- 08North Korea’s Cabinet Premier Kim Jae Ryong: his first year and what’s next