North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
The renewed “class education” campaign builds on weapons tests and uptick in anti-U.S. rhetoric
The North Korean party daily Rodong Sinmun has published weekly features on “class education” and anti-capitalism since late August, following the reemergence of these themes in late July.
The party daily carried out a similar campaign during the entire month of May but stopped in June and July. Rodong Sinmun in the past has published dedicated sections of two to several articles on “class education” under a single rubric, but it is unusual for such features to be published periodically for a sustained period of time.
The “class education” campaign appears to be part of
- 01Ahead of Biegun visit to Seoul, MFA statement signals uphill battle for U.S.
- 02The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act: what it means for North Korea
- 03The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 04Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 05What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 06How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 07Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 08North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect