North Korea in October 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pyongyang, North Korea | Image: NK Pro (Sept. 19, 2018) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY [p
- 01Giant new campus in Pyongyang is military institute, exclusive images suggest
- 02State media review: North Korea blames Japan for 20 years of frozen ties
- 03UN report underscores unprecedented ‘intensity’ of North Korean weapons testing
- 04Kim Jong Un shuns appearances outside capital despite claims of COVID ‘victory’
- 05US faces blowback over sanctions on code utilized by North Korean hackers
- 06State media review: The wide world of sports takes North Korea by storm
- 07North Korea’s ambitious food crisis fix in danger of missing deadline: Imagery
- 08North Korean missile threats drive Japan’s defense budget to record high