North Korea in October 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pyongyang, North Korea | Image: NK Pro (Sept. 19, 2018) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY [p
- 01What a recent funeral in North Korea says about leadership in Pyongyang
- 02Why Biden and Yoon’s vow to bolster deterrence won’t alter North Korea’s course
- 03North Korea’s fertilizer imports remain unusually low ahead of planting seasons
- 04State media review: North Korea’s propaganda war against COVID-19
- 05Four major trends revealed by North Korea’s COVID-19 case numbers
- 06Streets empty but construction, farming active in COVID-hit North Korea: Imagery
- 07What North Korea will and will not do to fight the COVID-19 outbreak
- 08State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea