North Korea in October 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Pyongyang, North Korea | Image: NK Pro (Sept. 19, 2018) EXECUTIVE SUMMARY [p
- 01Timeline: From COVID-19 vaccines to preparations to reopen North Korea’s border
- 02How has COVID-19 impacted North Korean market prices?
- 03Juche H-bomb: North Korea’s efforts to tie self-reliance to its nuclear weapons
- 04North Korea reels in cash from fishing permits this year, despite UN ban
- 05Why America is fighting a losing battle against North Korean cyber crime
- 06North Korea warily eyes the markets that now dominate food distribution
- 07Political disputes leave US no closer to appointing DPRK human rights envoy
- 08Kim Jong Un builds new mansions across country as North Korean public suffers