North Korea in October 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the October 1-October 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between October 1 and October 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A family rides Hyokshin subway line in Pyongyang | Picture: NK ProEXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: NORTH KOREA
- 01After the Hanoi summit, a hyper-securitization process underway in Pyongyang?
- 02Looking ahead: prospects for North Korea-U.S. relations
- 03130+ traffic education parks built across North Korea since 2016: imagery
- 04North Korea’s Central Bank: lender, regulator, and inflation fighter
- 05The “silent war”: Kim Jong Un’s battle for North Korean hearts and minds
- 06In review: inter-Korean relations, prospects for change since the Hanoi summit
- 07North Korean criticism of U.S. for joint drills could signal bigger policy shift
- 08The View from Jingshan: anniversary of Sino-DPRK ties passes without a summit