North Korea in October 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the October 1-October 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between October 1 and October 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in November.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A family rides Hyokshin subway line in Pyongyang | Picture: NK ProEXECUTIVE SUMMARY
FOREIGN RELATIONS: NORTH KOREA
- 01Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 02In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 03Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields
- 04Back to the future: Kim puts North Korea’s economy on a backwards path
- 05“Belt-tightening” ahead? The North Korean economy at the party plenum
- 06North Korea in December 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 07North Korean party plenum: bracing for “long-term confrontation” with U.S.
- 08What North Korea’s Plenum now means for U.S. foreign policy