North Korea in May 2021: A month in review and what’s ahead
An analytical look at the main developments from May 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021
Every month, NK Pro conducts an in-depth analytic review of news on the Korean Peninsula. This Month In Review covers the period of May 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021.
In addition to an executive summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]North Hwanghae Province in North Korea | Image: NK Pro (file photo
- 01North Korea may have continued Namibian Air Force job in violation of sanctions
- 02End of North Korean unification magazine another sign of friction on peninsula
- 03Layered cyber deterrence: A new US cyber strategy against North Korea
- 04FULL TEXT: North Korea’s Workers’ Party rule book
- 05Three years on, little for US and North Korea to build on from Singapore deal
- 06Everything you need to know about North Korea’s new Party rules
- 07Why new housing in Pyongyang is a survival strategy for Kim Jong Un
- 08How a North Korean ship changed hands multiple times in just over a decade