North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analysis of the main developments between May 1 and May 31
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A mother pushing her pram in Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
LEADERSHIP: KIM REAPPEARS
- 01Why Seoul’s foreign minister nominee won’t be able to score Moon more summits
- 02North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 03Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 04A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 05Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 06Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 07Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress
- 08So far, North Korea’s new economic plan is full of bad signs