North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analysis of the main developments between May 1 and May 31
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A mother pushing her pram in Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
LEADERSHIP: KIM REAPPEARS WITH EXPANDED
- 01North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
- 02Some progress on long-stalled Pyongyang housing blocks under new campaign
- 03Sitting above rank: the rise of Ri Pyong Chol, Pak Jong Chon, and the military
- 04Secret partner: North Korean in Thailand behind network of money-making entities
- 05North Korean think tank statement shows focus on U.S. ‘hostile policy’ prevails
- 06Volte-face: What explains Kim Jong Un’s sudden change of heart?
- 07North Korea’s Central Military Commission: Kim Jong Un promotes a new generation
- 08Motivations for mass leafleting: What next for inter-Korean tensions?