North Korea in May 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analysis of the main developments between May 1 and May 31
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between May 1 and May 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events likely to create news in June.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected].A mother pushing her pram in Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
LEADERSHIP: KIM REAPPEARS WITH
- 01State media review: North Korea dubs Yoon ‘diplomatic idiot’ over Russia remarks
- 02North Korea faces daunting challenge in modernizing its archaic naval fleet
- 03How North Korea and Russia could build their own crypto ‘shadow economy’
- 04North Korean launchpad busy despite Putin’s vow to help launch DPRK satellites
- 05Why China isn’t too worried about Kim Jong Un’s trip to cozy up to Russia
- 06State media review: Kim Jong Un ramps up personality cult with new mosaic mural
- 07Why interoperability remains a hurdle for trilateral cooperation on North Korea
- 08North Korea confirms long-time weapons official leading top missile bureau