North Korea in August 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the August 1 - 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between August 1 and August 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in September.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]Men sit by a waterfall in North Korea | Picture: NK ProEXECUTIVE SUMMARY WMD: NORTH KOREA LAUNCHES
- 01North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 02Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 03What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 04North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 05At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters
- 06October surprise? What to expect from North Korea ahead of the 2020 US election
- 07How South Korea’s entry into the Indo Pacific initiative will impact North Korea
- 08How Kim’s call for typhoon help exploits cheap labor and builds political unity