North Korea in March 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the March 1-March 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between March 1 and March 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in April.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A light is illuminated at the top of the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- 01What North Korea’s official budget reveals about its spending priorities in 2024
- 02How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 03Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 04State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 05Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 06What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 07How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 08Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea