North Korea in March 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead
An analytic look at the main developments of the March 1-March 31 period
NK Pro has conducted an in-depth analytic review of news on the peninsula for the period between March 1 and March 31.
In addition to an Executive Summary providing top-line findings, the following review includes detailed analysis on a wide range of other specialist focus areas.
Furthermore, it also includes a look ahead at the five events most likely to create news in April.
Please send any feedback about this feature to [email protected]A light is illuminated at the top of the Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang | Picture: NK Pro EXECUTIVE
- 01Ahead of Biegun visit to Seoul, MFA statement signals uphill battle for U.S.
- 02The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act: what it means for North Korea
- 03The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 04Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 05What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 06How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 07Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 08North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect