New Lexus spotted with Kim Jong Un in latest public appearance
Post-2017 model seen Monday may have also appeared alongside North Korean leader last year
A previously-unreported new Lexus SUV appeared alongside Kim Jong Un during his most recent on-the-spot guidance, NK Pro has found, in what may represent the latest example of the North Korean state’s ability to import luxury vehicles despite highly-restrictive international sanctions.
In images of Kim’s visit to military units stationed on the western Changrin island, shown on Korean Central Television (KCTV) on Monday, what appears to be the latest body style of a third generation Lexus LX 570 is seen in the background.
Certain features of the vehicles appearance in the KCTV images show
- 01The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act: what it means for North Korea
- 02The view from Jingshan: China reacts to North Korea’s renewed testing
- 03Context and translation: party daily recollects Kim Jong Un’s 2019 achievements
- 04What to make of North Korea’s “very important” test at Sohae
- 05How North Korea is making the most of its aging air force
- 06Timeline: from tensions over drills to a mystery “Christmas gift”
- 07North Korea’s unusual Party plenum in late December: what to expect
- 08North Korea in November 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead