New Lexus spotted with Kim Jong Un in latest public appearance
Post-2017 model seen Monday may have also appeared alongside North Korean leader last year
A previously-unreported new Lexus SUV appeared alongside Kim Jong Un during his most recent on-the-spot guidance, NK Pro has found, in what may represent the latest example of the North Korean state’s ability to import luxury vehicles despite highly-restrictive international sanctions.
In images of Kim’s visit to military units stationed on the western Changrin island, shown on Korean Central Television (KCTV) on Monday, what appears to be the latest body style of a third generation Lexus LX 570 is seen in the background.
Certain features of the vehicles appearance in the KCTV images show
- 01Wollo-ri: nuclear warhead storage area, manufacturing site, or military academy?
- 02Satellite internet in North Korea: past, present, and future
- 03Six months since border closures, fears of COVID-19 mount in North Korea
- 04North Korea’s July Politburo meeting: what was discussed and why it matters
- 05How Moon’s diplomatic and security reshuffle may impact North Korea
- 06From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea
- 07Timeline: from rising inter-Korean tensions to a “suspension” of military plans
- 08North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead