New Lexus spotted with Kim Jong Un in latest public appearance
Post-2017 model seen Monday may have also appeared alongside North Korean leader last year
A previously-unreported new Lexus SUV appeared alongside Kim Jong Un during his most recent on-the-spot guidance, NK Pro has found, in what may represent the latest example of the North Korean state’s ability to import luxury vehicles despite highly-restrictive international sanctions.
In images of Kim’s visit to military units stationed on the western Changrin island, shown on Korean Central Television (KCTV) on Monday, what appears to be the latest body style of a third generation Lexus LX 570 is seen in the background.
Certain features of the vehicles appearance in the KCTV images show
- 01State media review: Pandemic and drought conspire in North Korea
- 02New leader means new uncertainties and nuclear dangers on Korean Peninsula
- 03East Asia is changing. So should the way Washington, Seoul and Tokyo cooperate.
- 04Pyongyang’s COVID negligence could spell disaster for its most vulnerable
- 05North Korean COVID-19 rules warn of transmission by balloons, drones and rivers
- 06Why the risks of an Omicron outbreak in North Korea are getting worse
- 07Why biological weapons risks complicate provision of COVID aid to North Korea
- 08State media review: North Korea raises alarm about harmful drought