In full: the 103 North Korean scientists promoted for military efforts
English translations of the 103 scientists named in DPRK state media as having received promotions
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has ordered that 103 scientists in the field of national defense science receive promotions, DPRK state media said on Tuesday, in a reported reward for their efforts in bringing about a “turning point” in the country’s military capabilities.
Kim was said to have used “Order No.008” to elevate the ranks of scientists who “have made great contributions to bolstering up the military capabilities for self-defense”.
Though party daily Rodong Sinmun published Kim’s order, carrying a list of names of the 103 scientists on its front page, an English version
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s ‘military action plan’ to missiles and summits
- 02State media review: North Korea slams South Korea for joining NATO summit
- 03Why US sanctions on North Korea’s main airport would do more harm than good
- 04North Korean studio secretly animated US-backed Russian film
- 05Japan dangerously out of step on North Korea as it flirts with rearmament
- 06State media review: Pro-DPRK media says tensions may cause ‘unpredictable event’
- 07North Korea’s largest-ever banknote signals changes underfoot in monetary system
- 08North Korea careens from floods to drought, straining an already fragile system