In full: the 103 North Korean scientists promoted for military efforts
English translations of the 103 scientists named in DPRK state media as having received promotions
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has ordered that 103 scientists in the field of national defense science receive promotions, DPRK state media said on Tuesday, in a reported reward for their efforts in bringing about a “turning point” in the country’s military capabilities.
Kim was said to have used “Order No.008” to elevate the ranks of scientists who “have made great contributions to bolstering up the military capabilities for self-defense”.
Though party daily Rodong Sinmun published Kim’s order, carrying a list of names of the 103 scientists on its front page, an English version
- 01North Korea reshuffles its foreign policy top brass: potential implications
- 02North Korean leader’s Toyota luxury bus, multiple Lexus SUVs appear in 2019 film
- 03Kim Jong Un’s claims of a “bumper harvest” in North Korea: what the data shows
- 04In full: Kim Jong Un’s most prominent officials in 2019
- 05Pyongyang Sunan airport upgrades, other changes underway at capital’s airfields
- 06Back to the future: Kim puts North Korea’s economy on a backwards path
- 07“Belt-tightening” ahead? The North Korean economy at the party plenum
- 08North Korea in December 2019: a month in review and what’s ahead