Ground forces to participate in upcoming N. Korean military parade: imagery
The view from above offers more details of what to expect on February 8
Additional imagery analysis of preparations for a military-related parade expected to take place in North Korea on February 8 has confirmed additional vehicle participation in the parade. Earlier analysis could not confirm or negate the participation of ground forces, though they would be expected in this type of event.
High resolution satellite imagery acquired by NK Pro suggests four groups of ground vehicles will participate, in addition to the already identified military and non-military personnel.
The event appears to be smaller, however, than the April 2017 parade marking the anniversary of the birth of North Korea’s
- 01Timeline: From South Korean nukes to North Korean lockdown
- 02State media review: North Korea orders young ‘volunteers’ to construction sites
- 03Sprawling worker camp appears near North Korea’s military nerve center
- 04Vast new trove of North Korean laws shines light on developments in country
- 05What’s left of the foreign community in Pyongyang, three years into pandemic
- 06Pyongyang streets empty but civilians still training for military parade: Images
- 07Why North Korean state media remains silent about the Pyongyang lockdown
- 08State media review: North Korea celebrates Cold War capture of US ship