Ground forces to participate in upcoming N. Korean military parade: imagery
The view from above offers more details of what to expect on February 8
Additional imagery analysis of preparations for a military-related parade expected to take place in North Korea on February 8 has confirmed additional vehicle participation in the parade. Earlier analysis could not confirm or negate the participation of ground forces, though they would be expected in this type of event.
High resolution satellite imagery acquired by NK Pro suggests four groups of ground vehicles will participate, in addition to the already identified military and non-military personnel.
The event appears to be smaller, however, than the April 2017 parade marking the anniversary of the birth of North Korea’s
- 01How North Korean aggression and the Taiwan election complicate China-DPRK ties
- 02Satellite imagery shows Kim Jong Un’s east coast yacht, missile test activities
- 03State media review: North Korean festivals build up to former leader’s birthday
- 04Survey shows markets reign supreme in the daily lives of North Koreans
- 05What to make of North Korea’s apparent interest in naval nuclear propulsion
- 06How North Korean defectors shape the policies of countries where they settle
- 07Slump in life insurance sector points to unreported COVID deaths in North Korea
- 08State media review: North Korea set to open long-stalled hospital this year