Exclusive images provide first look at North Korea’s newest skyscraper street
Ornate concrete towers of Hwasong district taking shape according to blueprints, on-the-ground photos show
A new street of skyscrapers is taking shape on the outskirts of Pyongyang in line with state plans, exclusive on-the-ground photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, showing in new detail the progress on ornate concrete towers quickly constructed since earlier this year.
The photos taken in recent weeks are the first to show how much of the new high-end Hwasong district actually looks from the perspective of locals, as state media has so far mostly hidden what the district’s dozens of new apartment buildings look like while under construction.
Twin pointed-top 40-story skyscrapers and
- 01Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 02Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 03FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 04North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 05State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 06What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test
- 07How non-defecting border crossers can bring change to North Korea
- 08Scorched Earth: How climate change could send North Korea up in flames
- 09North Korea’s first successful test of massive missile puts US homeland in range
- 10Why Japan’s ability to detect North Korean missiles may be better than it seems