Exclusive images provide first look at North Korea’s newest skyscraper street
Ornate concrete towers of Hwasong district taking shape according to blueprints, on-the-ground photos show
A new street of skyscrapers is taking shape on the outskirts of Pyongyang in line with state plans, exclusive on-the-ground photos obtained by NK Pro reveal, showing in new detail the progress on ornate concrete towers quickly constructed since earlier this year.
The photos taken in recent weeks are the first to show how much of the new high-end Hwasong district actually looks from the perspective of locals, as state media has so far mostly hidden what the district’s dozens of new apartment buildings look like while under construction.
Twin pointed-top 40-story skyscrapers and
- 01Why North Korea and the Philippines view each other with mutual distrust
- 02North Korea’s new silo-based missile raises risk of prompt preemptive strikes
- 03Why normalizing US-North Korea relations is a prerequisite for denuclearization
- 04North Korean planes active at Pyongyang airport hours after runway missile test
- 05North Korea using US-ROK drills as cover to carry out missile tests, experts say
- 06State media review: North Korea says rusty American bombs threaten capital
- 07Why the US might not actually try to shoot down a North Korean ICBM over Pacific
- 08Huge swath of Pyongyang under construction after state mobilized young people