Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
New guidelines detail the sanctions exemptions process for humanitarian groups trying to help North Korea
On Tuesday, NK News reported that the United Nations will expedite its approval process for any foreign aid directed towards North Korea. Now, NK Pro has obtained a copy of the new guidelines from a U.N. Security Council source, which is republished below in full.
Earlier this week, Kelly Craft — an American ambassador to the United Nations — announced that the U.N. adopted a U.S. proposal to make sanctions exemptions “easier and faster” so that aid groups can help North Korea in a more timely manner.
As part of the changes, the U
- 01North Korea’s latest parade shows that Kim is deadset on boosting weapons
- 02Recap: What North Korea rolled out at its Eighth Party Congress military parade
- 03A newly-declassified document underscores Trump’s North Korea failures
- 04Party Congress: What Biden should expect from North Korea going forward
- 05Kim Jong Un’s latest military plans go far beyond nuclear weapons
- 06Full recap: North Korea reshuffles key leadership roles at Eighth Party Congress
- 07So far, North Korea’s new economic plan is full of bad signs
- 08Party Congress: Kim Jong Un’s weapons wishlist suggests testing campaign ahead