Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
New guidelines detail the sanctions exemptions process for humanitarian groups trying to help North Korea
On Tuesday, NK News reported that the United Nations will expedite its approval process for any foreign aid directed towards North Korea. Now, NK Pro has obtained a copy of the new guidelines from a U.N. Security Council source, which is republished below in full.
Earlier this week, Kelly Craft — an American ambassador to the United Nations — announced that the U.N. adopted a U.S. proposal to make sanctions exemptions “easier and faster” so that aid groups can help North Korea in a more timely manner.
As part of the changes, the U
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s mammoth ICBM launch to Kim Jong Un’s daughter
- 02State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
- 03Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 04Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 05FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 06North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 07State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 08What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test