Document: New UN sanctions exemptions guidelines for North Korea-related aid
New guidelines detail the sanctions exemptions process for humanitarian groups trying to help North Korea
On Tuesday, NK News reported that the United Nations will expedite its approval process for any foreign aid directed towards North Korea. Now, NK Pro has obtained a copy of the new guidelines from a U.N. Security Council source, which is republished below in full.
Earlier this week, Kelly Craft — an American ambassador to the United Nations — announced that the U.N. adopted a U.S. proposal to make sanctions exemptions “easier and faster” so that aid groups can help North Korea in a more timely manner.
As part of the changes, the U
- 01State media review: North Korea to hold major political meeting to wrap up year
- 02From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 03Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 04Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 05Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 06North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 07State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 08In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far