UN report underscores unprecedented ‘intensity’ of North Korean weapons testing
New Panel of Experts report probes DPRK claims about tactical nuclear missile, says nuke test site ready at short notice
In its latest report, the U.N. Panel of Experts spotlights a range of North Korean activities related to its missile and nuclear programs. An unfinalized draft copy seen by NK Pro covers all 31 ballistic missile tests since the start of this year and reports extensively on the preparatory activity at the North’s Punggye-ri nuclear test site.
The report also interrogates North Korea’s claims that it successfully tested a ballistic delivery system for tactical nuclear weapons in April 2022 for the first time.
The topline takeaway from the Panel’s midterm report is consistent
- 01Why sanctioning Tornado Cash may do little to curtail North Korean cyber crime
- 02Giant new campus in Pyongyang is military institute, exclusive images suggest
- 03State media review: North Korea blames Japan for 20 years of frozen ties
- 04UN report underscores unprecedented ‘intensity’ of North Korean weapons testing
- 05Kim Jong Un shuns appearances outside capital despite claims of COVID ‘victory’
- 06US faces blowback over sanctions on code utilized by North Korean hackers
- 07State media review: The wide world of sports takes North Korea by storm
- 08North Korea’s ambitious food crisis fix in danger of missing deadline: Imagery
- 09North Korean missile threats drive Japan’s defense budget to record high
- 10Kim Jong Un sets ambitious economic goals but has no real plan to achieve them