Top brass: North Korea’s Political Bureau leadership, in full
State media coverage this week paints a fuller picture of recent promotions, organization hierarchy
Below is a full list of the Workers Party of Korea (WPK) Central Committee (CC) Political Bureau (PB) leadership as of June 5, 2019, in order of importance in the PB hierarchy.
The names were compiled and ordered based on a review of a) the by-election results from the Fourth Plenum of the Seventh WPK on April 10, 2019; b) leadership turnouts in major national events following the plenum; and c) Kim Jong Un appearances attended by PB members on June 3 and 4.PB Presidium Members (3) 1 Kim Jong Un2 Choe Ryong Hae3 Pak Pong JuPB Members (21) 1 Kim Jong Un2 Choe
- 01Wollo-ri: nuclear warhead storage area, manufacturing site, or military academy?
- 02Satellite internet in North Korea: past, present, and future
- 03Six months since border closures, fears of COVID-19 mount in North Korea
- 04North Korea’s July Politburo meeting: what was discussed and why it matters
- 05How Moon’s diplomatic and security reshuffle may impact North Korea
- 06From Voice of America to Voice of Trump? The future of U.S. radio in North Korea
- 07Timeline: from rising inter-Korean tensions to a “suspension” of military plans
- 08North Korea in June 2020: a month in review and what’s ahead