Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from July 1 to July 31
July saw multiple Kim Jong Un appearances related to North Korea’s public health, economy and the military.
The North Korean leader held multiple meetings to strengthen the country’s COVID-19 prevention measures and scolded officials for failures in organizing the construction project for Pyongyang General Hospital.
Kim also visited the construction site of a new chicken farm and lamented the country’s “backwards” poultry industry. Marking the anniversary of the end of the Korean War, he conferred commemorative pistols to military officers and demanded loyalty to the ruling party.
The end of
- 01North Korea’s Oct. 10 military parade will be more pomp than provocation
- 02Timeline: From lethal shooting of South Korean official to Kim Jong Un’s apology
- 03UN Panel of Experts: Why North Korea investigations don’t lead to new sanctions
- 04North Korea’s broken bridges: Photos show typhoon and flood wreckage nationwide
- 05Why Kim Jong Un’s letters probably don’t mean a shift in South Korea policy
- 06North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 07Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 08What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis