Timeline: From multiple Kim Jong Un appearances to defector ‘suspected’ of COVID
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from July 1 to July 31
July saw multiple Kim Jong Un appearances related to North Korea’s public health, economy and the military.
The North Korean leader held multiple meetings to strengthen the country’s COVID-19 prevention measures and scolded officials for failures in organizing the construction project for Pyongyang General Hospital.
Kim also visited the construction site of a new chicken farm and lamented the country’s “backwards” poultry industry. Marking the anniversary of the end of the Korean War, he conferred commemorative pistols to military officers and demanded loyalty to the ruling party.
The end of
- 01Timeline: From North Korea’s mammoth ICBM launch to Kim Jong Un’s daughter
- 02State media review: North Korea boasts about close ties between Kim and Xi
- 03Rail trade with North Korea threatened as COVID surges in Chinese border city
- 04Prominent promotions: North Korea’s new generals and ‘hero’ missile transporter
- 05FULL TEXT: North Korea’s death penalty decree for spreading COVID ‘rumors’
- 06North Korean insurance companies increase profits despite pandemic and lockdown
- 07State media review: North Korea rewards greenhouse workers with new homes
- 08What metadata reveals about North Korea’s latest long-range missile test