Timeline: From Kim-Putin meeting to North Korea’s expulsion of Travis King
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from Sept. 1 – Sept. 30, 2023
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un made his first trip abroad since the start of COVID-19 pandemic to Russia, where he met President Vladimir Putin, defense minister Sergei Shoigu and numerous other high-ranking officials over the course of nine days.
Ahead of Kim’s summit with the Russian president, Putin reportedly said he would help North Korea put satellites into space. The DPRK leader’s visit to a fighter jet factory and Primorsky Krai governor Oleg Kozhemyako’s gift of drones also sparked concerns about sanctions violations.
North Korea also launched a new “tactical nuclear
- 01From QR codes to the blockchain: Inside North Korea’s digital payment plans
- 02Kim Jong Un reviews old satellite imagery despite North Korea’s new eyes in sky
- 03Eyes above: How a new ROK satellite will help monitor North Korea’s every move
- 04Timeline: From North Korea’s satellite launch to scrapping 2018 military deal
- 05North Korea’s post-reform elections looked a lot like those that came before
- 06State media review: North Korea faults ‘puppets’ for collapse of military deal
- 07In orbit: Everything we know about North Korea’s new spy satellite so far
- 08Why it matters if South Koreans personally know a North Korean defector
- 09Reopening in slow motion: The growing risks of North Korea’s two-tiered scheme
- 10North Korea’s election reforms are not the first time voters have had a choice