Timeline: From inter-Korean hotlines to US deputy secretary’s trip to Seoul
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from July 1 to July 31
The two Koreas restored key communication hotlines at the end of July, over one year since Pyongyang severed contact in response to anti-Kim regime propaganda leaflet launches from the South in June 2020. This reportedly followed multiple letter exchanges between leaders Moon Jae-in and Kim Jong Un beginning in April this year.
Seoul and Pyongyang may be discussing another summit and building another joint liaison office, according to a report citing unnamed South Korean government sources. But South Korea’s Presidential Blue House stated that this news was “not true” later that same day.
- 01Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 02The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 03Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery
- 04How boost-phase missile defenses could help combat North Korean threats
- 05North Korea dismantling more South Korean tourism buildings at Mt. Kumgang
- 06State media review: North Korea claims Kim Il Sung ensured gender equality
- 07Chinese ships loiter near site of ship-to-ship transfers in North Korean waters
- 08Goods clearing out of North Korean disinfection zone 3 months after trade freeze