Timeline: From failure at Hanoi to a potential Sunday summit
NK Pro timeline charts the key events from the failure of the Hanoi summit
In less than two weeks, U.S.-DPRK talks have swerved suddenly from chronic stasis to the brink of an unexpected Donald Trump-Kim Jong Un meeting.
From Kim Jong Un’s birthday wishes to Donald Trump on June 11 to the unprecedented way North Korean state media presented Kim reading Trump’s response on June 23, events have been building to a crescendo.
Facilitated by the fact that Trump will be visiting South Korea following G20 meetings in Osaka – and likely also because of Xi Jinping’s recent visit to Pyongyang – it now appears the U.S
- 01After Kim’s Paektu visit, North Korea strongly hints at looming hard-line move
- 02What to make of Kim Jong Un’s impromptu visit to Mount Paektu this week
- 03On party founding anniversary, North Korea bolsters Kim Jong Un’s leadership
- 04Fueling the country: tracking North Korea’s growing number of gas stations
- 05North Korea reinforces ideological education against “bourgeois” values
- 06“New ways of calculation”: Kim Myong Gil’s Stockholm press conference, in full
- 07The DPRK foreign ministry’s readout of Stockholm talks: key takeaways
- 08Why U.S.-North Korea talks in Sweden fell apart — and what might happen next