The UN General Assembly: will Kim Jong Un attend?
North Korean leader could go if he wants, but Trump may still have a say
Recently, there has been talk of Kim Jong Un possibly visiting New York to speak at the United Nations during this month’s General Assembly – scheduled to open September 18. Given Kim’s personality and the fact that there has been little-to-no progress in talks between Washington and Pyongyang, Kim coming to New York would undoubtedly create some controversy.
NK Pro’s findings on the issue can be summarized as follows:Kim Jong Un can go and speak at the UN GA when he pleases. The United States would be compelled to issue him a C-2 visa
- 01North Korea eyes China border trade resumption as quarantine center cleared
- 02How corruption conquered North Korea, and why it’s there to stay
- 03With military makeover, Kim Jong Un asserts his own power in face of troubles
- 04State media review: North Korea backs China over Taiwan issue
- 05North Korea’s proclamation of COVID ‘victory’ only portends more suffering ahead
- 06Kim Jong Un megayacht spotted at secluded beach while leader out of public view
- 07The flaws in the Bank of Korea’s estimates of North Korean economic activity
- 08Flooding hits new construction at North Korea’s Sohae spaceport: Imagery