The 8th Rason International Trade Exhibition in review: domestic firms
Majority of North Korean entities advertising health supplements, medicines and pharmaceuticals
This is part one of a two-part series on the 8th Rason International Trade Exhibition. Part one concentrates on domestic firms appearing, while part two will cover foreign, cooperative and joint venture companies.
The 8th Rason International Trade Exhibition opened in the northeastern city near the DPRK-Russian border on August 20 with state media reporting over 120 entities taking part.
NK Pro was able to identify around 114 foreign and domestic companies officially possessing exhibition booths that, in some cases, were selling the products of a number of other companies.
North Korea stages multiple trade fairs
- 01UN Panel of Experts: Why North Korea investigations don’t lead to new sanctions
- 02North Korea’s broken bridges: Photos show typhoon and flood wreckage nationwide
- 03Why Kim Jong Un’s letters probably don’t mean a shift in South Korea policy
- 04North Korea’s killing of a South Korean official spells trouble for Moon Jae-in
- 05Hope is not lost: President Biden might actually make progress on North Korea
- 06What North Korea can do right now to stave off a full-blown economic crisis
- 07North Korea upgrades security at Kim Jong Un’s giant Pyongyang mansion complex
- 08At least 14 North Korean ships disguise themselves in international waters